Basic Level Implant Nursing Course
Surgical Asepsis in the General Practice Environment
Time: 9:00am registration – 4:30pm finish
CPD: 6 hours verifiable
Fee: £150.00 per delegate (payment due on booking by cheque or card) Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
• Introduction to dental implants, the reasons for implant placement and a stronger understanding of the
• Understand the basis of the asepsis technique for implant surgery
• Understand the process of gowning-up and how to prepare for implant surgery
• Introduction of basic implant instrumentation and equipment maintenance
• Understand the role of the dental assistant in implant treatment
Hands-on training includes:
• Implant procedures preparation
• Implant instrument familiarisation
• Implant care and maintenance
• Implant placement in plastic mandibles
Simon qualified as a dentist in Liverpool in 1992 having gained an inter-collated anatomy degree in 1990. After qualifying, he worked in the Mersey regional maxillofacial unit where he gained his fellowship in surgery and completed his specialist training in oral surgery in 1999. He is now a registered specialist in Oral Surgery with the General Dental Council, a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, a member of the ITI (International Team for Implantology) and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine. As well as providing general dental services Simon has a particular interest in implantology, bone regeneration surgery and cosmetics.
James qualified from Bristol University in 2003 and has worked in hospital, restorative dentistry and oral maxillofacial surgery. After spending a year in practice in western Australia, James has now settled in Bristol and has worked in private practice for the last four years. James is a member of the Faculty of Dental Surgery at the Royal College of Surgeons and has completed his Masters Degree in Implantology.
To book your place please contact Philomena Homewood
e: firstname.lastname@example.org t: 01225 862377