Our investment in digital technology supports our philosophy of ‘Do it once and do it properly‘. We have invested in the latest digital technology because it’s better for our patients; it’s more comfortable, convenient & gives a better end result.
In this short video Simon Fieldhouse, one of our Practice Partners, talks about the digital technology we have here in the practice and how it is better for the patients and the environment.
Top 5 benefits of Digital Technology
- It can show you the future! – We can show you what your smile will look like before your treatment begins and adjust the treatment plan with you, to make sure you get the precise results you want.
- It’s more comfortable – Say goodbye to gooey impression material and uncomfortable x-ray sensors and say hello to a comfortable digital wand with a super-sensitive camera!
- You can have a new crown on the same day – Digital dentistry makes everything quicker! In many cases we can make and fit your new crowns or bridges right here at the practice, on the same day.
- It’s more accurate – We create computer-generated 3D models of your entire mouth, which makes our work so much more accurate. This means that your new teeth will fit and feel just like your own teeth, first time!
- It’s better for the environment – we’ve invested in our own digital technology, which means we have much of our lab equipment in-house. We no longer need to send every impression off to an external lab, which reduces our carbon footprint and means less waste materials going to landfill.
Advantages of digital dentistry include:
- Some treatments can be achieved in just one visit (from as little as 90 minutes)
- Reduced waiting times
- Minimally invasive
- Treatment completed in one day – no need for a second appointment
- Scans and x-rays performed by dentists you know
- Consistent care from our team
- Less stress and hassle for nervous or busy patients
- No need for temporary crowns or bridges
- Treatment without impressions
- Reduced impact on the environment
Using Digital Dentistry to Reduce Our Environmental Impact
We have a strong desire to reduce our carbon footprint here at the practice, which drives us to do as much as we can to reduce our impact on the environment.
We achieve this through using digital technologies which allow us to reduce the amount of dental materials we use in the practice which would end up in landfill. The technology allows us to give our patients the very best care and outcome, and where possible complete their treatment in one visit, so there is not need to return another day. This means we can help our patients to also reduce their environmental impact as fewer appointments are required.
If you would like to experience the digital dental journey, please arrange an appointment with one of our team. We are committed to making your dental treatment as stress-free as possible.
In this short video Simon Fieldhouse, one of our Practice Partners, talks about the benefits of digital technology.
Watch this short video to see the latest edition to our digital equipment – a 3D printer.