Taking care of all your complex needs
At Dutch Barton Dental Practice, we take pride in being able to offer our patients a range of oral surgeries; ensuring we offer continuity of care no matter how complicated a case is.
We also accept referrals from nearby practices and are well-known in Wiltshire for our advanced treatments and capabilities.
What is Oral Surgery?
Oral surgery is any surgical procedure that is required in or around the mouth and jaw.
Our team offers:
- Complicated extractions; required when a tooth breaks or is sitting within the gum
- Wisdom tooth extraction; located at the back of the mouth, often wisdom teeth can become impacted so the oral surgeon will need to make an incision in the gum to remove them
- Apical/root tip surgery; this is an endodontic procedure which is required when a tooth root needs to be removed
- Periodontal surgery; this is required when a patient has experienced advanced gum disease. It encompasses a range of procedures to try and bring the gums back to health. We do not offer this surgery within the practice, but we have a longstanding relationship with a periodontal specialist we can refer you to
Our practice principal, Simon Fieldhouse is a qualified and highly experienced specialist oral surgeon.
Benefits of in-house Oral Surgery
Some patients can find the idea of oral surgery daunting, and it can provide additional comfort to attend the practice for treatment instead of having to visit an unfamiliar environment. Similarly, our lead dentist is an experienced specialist oral surgeon, so, you will receive treatment from someone you know instead of a relative stranger.
We have invested in advanced scanning equipment such as a CBCT machine and OPG scanner to aid oral surgery. This equipment allows us to build a thorough picture of your dental condition. It also reduces waiting times as we can perform the scans inhouse instead of having to refer you elsewhere.
Additional benefits include:
- Reduced waiting time for treatment
- Beneficial for nervous patients
- Welcoming and friendly team
- Clean and hygienic practice setting with excellent cross-infection control
- Time to discuss the treatment and any concerns you may have
If you would like to self-refer or you are dental colleague and would like to refer a patient, please do so via our online referral system.